P1246 Possible Causes
- Faulty Alternator/Generator
- Alternator/Generator harness is open or shorted
- Alternator/Generator circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P1246 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1246 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1246 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1246 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1246 DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors generator load from the generator/regulator in the form of frequency. The frequency range is determined by the temperature of the voltage regulator where 97% represents full load, below 6% means no load.
P1246 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1246 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1246 Information for specific makes
- P1246 ACURA Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction
- P1246 AUDI Needle Lift Sensor Circuit Range Performance
- P1246 FORD Alternator Load Input Failed
- P1246 HONDA Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction
- P1246 ISUZU Low Fuel Pressure Regulator Circuit Malfunction
- P1246 JAGUAR No Cranking Signal High Signal
- P1246 LINCOLN Alternator Load Input Failed
- P1246 MAZDA Alternator Load Input Failed
- P1246 MERCURY Alternator Load Input Failed
- P1246 MITSUBISHI Communication Error
- P1246 SAAB Intake Manifold Air Control Solenoid Inner Flap Open Circuit/Short To Ground
- P1246 VOLKSWAGEN Needle Lift Sensor Circuit Range Performance
Need more help?Get the P1246 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1246 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1246 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks