P1238 VOLVO - Turbocharger Control valve
- Air leakage after turbocharger
- Hoses between turbocharger and turbocharger control valve are loose, blocked or damage
- Hoses between turbocharger control valve and pressure servo are loose, blocked or damage
- Faulty turbocharger control valve
- Faulty boos pressure control valve pressure servo
- Sticking boost pressure control valve
Tech notesFirst step is checking for air leak after turbocharger.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1238 Volvo DescriptionThe code O1238 will set if RPM is above 3500 and engine is operating at a high load, control signal to turbocharger control valve is at maximum and boos pressure from boos pressure sensor is lower than approximately 2.9 psi under normal boost pressure (signal too low. If mass from mass air flow sensor is high than desired value (signal too high) it is interpreted as a fault by the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the code is set, a reduce boos pressure is used as a substitute value.
Need more help?Get the P1238 Volvo code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1238 VOLVO CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1238 Volvo code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks