P1238 NISSAN - Electric Throttle Control Actuator
- Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator
- Throttle plate sticking due to carbon build-up
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator poor electrical circuit connection
When is the code detected?The P2119 code is detected when electric throttle control actuator does not function properly due to the return spring malfunction or Engine Control Module (ECM) detect the throttle valve is stuck open.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle pedal response
P1238 Nissan DescriptionElectric throttle control actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position sensor, etc. The throttle control motor is operated by the Engine Control Module (ECM) and it opens and closes the throttle valve.
The throttle position sensor detects the throttle valve position, and feeds the voltage signal to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve and controls the throttle valve opening angle in response to driving conditions via the throttle control motor.
Need more help?Get the P1238 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1238 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1238 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks