P1236 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Pump Drive Module (FPDM)
- FPDM harness is open or shorted
- FPDM circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P1236 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1236 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1236 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1236 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1236 DescriptionThe P1236 code indicates the Fuel Pump Drive Module (FPDM) detected an invalid or missing Fuel Pump (FP) circuit signal from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The FPDM sends a message to the PCM through the FPM circuit, indicating this failure was detected. The PCM sets the DTC when the message is received.
P1236 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1236 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1236 Information for specific makes
- P1236 BMW Fuel Pump Relay Activation
- P1236 FORD Fuel Pump Control Out of Range
- P1236 INFINITI Throttle Control Motor Circuit Short Bank 2
- P1236 LEXUS High Pressure Fuel Pump Number 2 Circuit
- P1236 MAZDA Fuel Pump Driver Module Disabled or Off Line
- P1236 MINI Fuel Pump Relay Activation
- P1236 MITSUBISHI A/D Converter
- P1236 NISSAN Throttle Control Motor Circuit Short Bank 2
- P1236 SAAB Intake Manifold Air Control Solenoid Outer Flap Open Circuit/Short To Ground
- P1236 TOYOTA High Pressure Fuel Pump Number 2 Circuit
Need more help?Get the P1236 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1236 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1236 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks