P1233 2001 FORD F150 - Fuel Pump Driver Module Disabled Or Off Line
P1233 2001 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch needs to be reset
- Faulty Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM)
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) switch
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P1233 2001 FORD F150 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
P1233 2001 FORD F150 Tech NotesFor some FORD models:
1. Disconnect the inertia switch harness connector
2. Turn key to ON position (Engine OFF)
3. Measure voltage of circuit between inertia switch harness connector and ground
4. If battery voltage is found, replaced Inertia Switch
5. Clear codes.
Cost of diagnosing the P1233 2001 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1233 2001 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1233 2001 FORD F150 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1233 2001 Ford F150 DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit from the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM). With the key on, the FPDM continuously sends a duty cycle signal to the PCM through the FPM circuit. The test fails if the PCM stops receiving the duty cycle signal.
P1233 2001 FORD F150 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1233 2001 FORD F150 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the P1233 2001 Ford F150 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1233 2001 FORD F150 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1233 2001 Ford F150 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks