P1229 - Sensor Power Supply Circuit Shorted
P1229 Possible Causes
- Check harness body ground
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor
- Faulty Power Steering Pressure (PSP) sensor
- Faulty Refrigerant Pressure sensor
- Faulty EVAP Control System Pressure sensor
How do I fix code P1229?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1229 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1229 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The Engine Control Module (ECM) detects a voltage of power source for sensor is excessively low or high.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1229 DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) detects a voltage of power source for sensor is excessively low or high. ECM stops the electric throttle control actuator control, throttle valve is maintained at a fixed opening (approx. 5 degrees) by the return spring.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1229 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1229 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 5 Short To Ground
- P1229 CHEVROLET Injector 3 Output Circuit
- P1229 FORD Supercharger Intercooler Pump Not Operating Condition
- P1229 GMC Injector 3 Output Circuit
- P1229 INFINITI Sensor Power Supply Circuit Shorted
- P1229 JAGUAR Throttle Motor Control Circuit Malfunction
- P1229 LINCOLN Supercharger Intercooler Pump Not Operating Condition
- P1229 MERCURY Supercharger Intercooler Pump Not Operating Condition
- P1229 NISSAN Sensor Power Supply Circuit Shorted
- P1229 TOYOTA Fuel System Over Pressure
- P1229 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 5 Short To Ground
Need more help?Get the P1229 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1229 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks