P1228 - Wastegate Failed Open Under Pressure
P1228 Possible Causes
- Faulty EGR valve
- Faulty MAF sensor
- Faulty SIP sensor
- Supercharger bypass actuator stuck closed
- Faulty Supercharger
How do I fix code P1228?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1228 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1228 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1228 DescriptionWastegate Failed Open Under Pressure is the generic description for the P1228 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1228 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section below for more information.
P1228 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1228 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1228 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Short To Ground
- P1228 BUICK Injector Circuit Cylinder 3 Intermittent
- P1228 CADILLAC Injector Circuit Cylinder 3 Intermittent
- P1228 CHEVROLET Injector Circuit Cylinder 3 Intermittent
- P1228 FORD Wastegate Failed Open Under Pressure
- P1228 GMC Injector Circuit Cylinder 3 Intermittent
- P1228 INFINITI Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Circuit High Input
- P1228 NISSAN Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Circuit High Input
- P1228 TOYOTA Fuel Pump Malfunction
- P1228 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Short To Ground
Need more help?Get the P1228 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1228 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks