P1194 - Throttle Actuator Control System Limp Home-Throttle Position Sensor 2 Position Malfunction
P1194 Possible Causes
- Faulty Electronic Throttle System (ETS) Motor
- Faulty Electronic Throttle System (ETS)
- Electronic Throttle System(ETS)unit
- Electronic Throttle System(ETS) harness is open or shorted
- Electronic Throttle System(ETS) circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1194 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1194 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1194 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1194 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1194 DescriptionThe Electronic Throttle System (ETS) consists of ETS unit, ETS-motor, Accelerator Position Sensor (APS),Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and Limp home valve.
Among above-mentioned parts, Limp home valve is attached under the throttle body and helps air to flow from the outside through this valve to the engine combustion chamber to prevent the vehicle from engine stall when Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects ETS system malfunction.
P1194 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1194 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1194 Information for specific makes
- P1194 DODGE HO2S Insufficient Transition Time Ratio Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P1194 FORD Engine Control Unit A/D Converter
- P1194 HYUNDAI Throttle Actuator Control System Limp Home-Throttle Position Sensor 2 Position Malfunction
- P1194 KIA Throttle Actuator Control System Limp Home-Throttle Position Sensor 2 Position Malfunction
Need more help?Get the P1194 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1194 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1194 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks