P1189 - Fuel Pressure Monitoring - Governor Deviation at Engine speed Too high
P1189 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel filter
- Faulty Injector
- Faulty Electric fuel pump
- Faulty Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)
- Faulty Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS)
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P1189
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1189 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1189 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1189 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1189 DescriptionFuel pressure monitoring is used to detect the troubles and the fuel leakage in high pressure system.
The Engine Control Module (ECM) determines the rail pressure value as a function of the engine’s operating conditions and controls the fuel pressure regulator to ensure that the rail pressure reaches the required value.
Fuel pressure in the fuel line including the pumps and injector are continuously monitored during engine running.
If the rail pressure is excessive, the fuel pressure regulator opens and a portion of the fuel is returned from the rail to the fuel tank via a collector line. If the rail pressure is too low, the fuel pressure regulator closes.
The fuel pressure regulator closes. the fuel pressure regulator is installed in the tail end of high pressure accumulator.
In case of the insufficient fuel supply in the fuel line, the engine symptoms will occur a shut down and a starting impossible.
If the fuel pressure monitoring in engine fuel pressure line generates threshold value, the ECM judged this as a fault and the P1189 code is set.
P1189 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1189 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1189 Information for specific makes
- P1189 AUDI Linear O2 Sensor Compensation Resistor Short to B+
- P1189 BMW Fuel Control Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P1189 BUICK Engine Oil Pressure Switch Fault
- P1189 CADILLAC Engine Oil Pressure Switch Fault
- P1189 CHEVROLET Engine Oil Pressure Switch Fault
- P1189 CHRYSLER Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor Low
- P1189 DODGE Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor Low
- P1189 FORD Pump Speed Signal Fault
- P1189 GMC Engine Oil Pressure Switch Fault
- P1189 HYUNDAI Fuel Pressure Monitoring - Governor Deviation at Engine speed Too high
- P1189 JEEP Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor Low
- P1189 KIA Fuel Pressure Monitoring - Governor Deviation at Engine speed Too high
- P1189 MINI Fuel Control Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P1189 PONTIAC Engine Oil Pressure Switch Fault
- P1189 SATURN Engine Oil Pressure Switch Fault
- P1189 VOLKSWAGEN Linear O2 Sensor Compensation Resistor Short to B+
Need more help?Get the P1189 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1189 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1189 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks