P1168 Possible Causes
For Models 2005 and up:
- Faulty Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 2
- Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection For Models before 2005:
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Bank 2
- Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1168 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1168 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1168 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1168 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1168 DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) performs ON/OFF duty control of the Air Fuel Ratio (A/F)/Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 heater corresponding to the engine operating condition to keep the temperature of Air Fuel Ratio (A/F)/Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 element at the specified range.
P1168 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1168 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1168 Information for specific makes
- P1168 ACURA Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Label Low Voltage
- P1168 FORD Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Condition Low Pressure
- P1168 HONDA Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Label Low Voltage
- P1168 HYUNDAI O2 Sensor Heater Power Sensor 2 Bank 1
- P1168 INFINITI Closed Loop Control Function Bank 2
- P1168 LINCOLN Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Condition Low Pressure
- P1168 MAZDA Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor In Range But Low
- P1168 MERCURY Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Condition Low Pressure
- P1168 NISSAN Closed Loop Control Function Bank 2
Need more help?Get the P1168 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1168 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1168 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks