P1150 FORD - Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch Adaptive Fuel Limit Bank 2
- Faulty Upstream Oxygen Sensor Bank 2
- Fuel pressure high or low
- MAF sensor dirty/defective
- Vacuum leak on engine
- Leaking fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1150 FORD Description
• The HO2S sensor senses the oxygen content in the exhaust flow and outputs a voltage between zero and 1.0 volt. Lean of stoichiometric (air/fuel ratio of approximately 14.7:1 for gasoline engines), the HO2S will generate a voltage between zero and 0.45 volt. Rich of stoichiometric, the HO2S will generate a voltage between 0.45 and 1.0 volt.
• The HO2S Monitor evaluates both the upstream (Fuel Control) and downstream (Catalyst Monitor) HO2S for proper function.
• Once the HO2S Monitor is enabled, the upstream HO2S signal voltage amplitude and response frequency are checked. Excessive voltage is determined by comparing the HO2S signal voltage to a maximum calibratable threshold voltage.
• A fixed frequency closed loop fuel control routine is executed and the upstream HO2S voltage amplitude and output response frequency are observed. A sample of the upstream HO2S signal is evaluated to determine if the sensor is capable of switching or has a slow response rate.
• An HO2S heater circuit fault is determined by turning the heater on and off and looking for a corresponding change in the OSM and by
measuring the current going through the heater circuit.
• The MIL is activated after a fault is detected on two consecutive OBD II drive cycles.
P1150 FORD Information for specific Ford models
P1150 1998 FORD F150
P1150 1999 FORD F150
P1150 2000 FORD F150
P1150 2001 FORD F150
P1150 2002 FORD F150
P1150 2003 FORD F150
Need more help?
P1150 FORD CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1150 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks