P1148 Possible Causes
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Bank 1
- Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Bank 1 circuit is open or shorted
- Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Bank 1 circuit electrical connection
First diagnose P1148 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1148 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1148 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1148 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1148 DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) performs ON/OFF duty control of the Air Fuel Ratio (A/F)/Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 heater corresponding to the engine operating condition to keep the temperature of Air Fuel Ratio (A/F)/Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 element at the specified range.
P1148 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1148 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1148 Information for specific makes
- P1148 AUDI HO2S21 System Too Rich
- P1148 CHRYSLER Fuel Rail Pressure Malfunction Pressure Drop In Over-run
- P1148 DODGE Fuel Rail Pressure Malfunction Pressure Drop In Over-run
- P1148 INFINITI Closed Loop Control Function Bank 1
- P1148 JEEP Fuel Rail Pressure Malfunction Pressure Drop In Over-run
- P1148 NISSAN Closed Loop Control Function Bank 1
- P1148 VOLKSWAGEN HO2S21 System Too Rich
Need more help?Get the P1148 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1148 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1148 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks