P1144 - Air Assist Control Valve Circuit Malfunction
P1144 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
How do I fix code P1144Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1144 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1144 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1144 DescriptionThe Front Heated Oxygen Sensor (or O2 sensor 1) is placed into the exhaust manifold. It detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air. The heated oxygen sensor 1 has a closed-end tube made of ceramic zirconia. The zirconia generates voltage from approximately 1V in richer conditions to 0V in leaner conditions. The heated oxygen sensor 1 signal is sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM adjusts the injection pulse duration to achieve the ideal air-fuel ratio. The ideal air-fuel ratio occurs near the radical change from 1V to 0V.
P1144 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1144 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1144 AUDI Mass Air Flow Sensor Open/Short To Ground
- P1144 BUICK HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 3 Rich Or High Voltage
- P1144 CADILLAC HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 3 Rich Or High Voltage
- P1144 CHEVROLET HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 3 Rich or High Voltage
- P1144 CHRYSLER Fuel Rail Pressure Malfunction Positive Volume Deviation
- P1144 DODGE Fuel Rail Pressure Malfunction Positive Volume Deviation
- P1144 GMC HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 3 Rich or High Voltage
- P1144 INFINITI Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Rich Shift Monitoring
- P1144 JEEP Fuel Rail Pressure Malfunction Positive Volume Deviation
- P1144 NISSAN Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Rich Shift Monitoring
- P1144 SUBARU Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input
- P1144 VOLKSWAGEN Mass Air Flow Sensor Open/Short To Ground
Need more help?Get the P1144 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1144 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks