P1142 - Load Calculation Cross Check Lower Limit Exceeded
P1142 Possible Causes
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor
- Mass Air Flow Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Mass Air Flow Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Check for vacuum leaks
How do I fix code P1142?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1142 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1142 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1142 DescriptionLoad Calculation Cross Check Lower Limit Exceeded is the generic description for the P1142 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information about the P1142 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section below for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1142 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1142 AUDI Load Calculation Cross Check Lower Limit Exceeded
- P1142 CHRYSLER Fuel Pressure Solenoid Circuit Condition
- P1142 DODGE Fuel Pressure Solenoid Circuit Condition
- P1142 FORD Fuel Restriction Condition
- P1142 JEEP Fuel Pressure Solenoid Circuit Condition
- P1142 MAZDA HO2S12 Heater Circuit High
- P1142 SUBARU Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Low Input
- P1142 VOLKSWAGEN Load Calculation Cross Check Lower Limit Exceeded
Need more help?Get the P1142 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1142 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks