P1124 MERCURY - Throttle Position Sensor Out of Self-Test Range
P1124 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Binding or bent throttle linkage
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor
- Throttle Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1124 MERCURY?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1124 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1124 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?Engine Control Module (ECM) detected a Thottle Position (TP) sensor return voltage above or below expected value at an idle condition
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1124 MERCURY DescriptionThe Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) responds to the accelerator pedal movement. The TPS is a rotary potentiometer sensor that provides a signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) that is linearly proportional to the throttle plate/shaft position. As the TPS is rotated by the throttle shaft, the following operating conditions are determined by the PCM:
• Closed throttle (includes idle or deceleration)
• Part throttle (includes cruise or moderate acceleration)
• Wide open throttle (includes maximum acceleration or de-choke on crank)
• Throttle angle rate
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1124 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the P1124 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1124 Mercury code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks