P0D65 - Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Enable Circuit Low Voltage
P0D65 Possible Causes
- Faulty Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan
- Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan harness is open or shorted
- Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Starter/Generator Control Module
First diagnose P0D65 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0D65 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0D65 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0D65 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0d65 DescriptionThe hybrid/EV battery pack cooling fan draws air through the hybrid/EV battery pack to control the temperature of the hybrid/EV battery pack. To operate, the cooling fan receives an enable signal from the starter/generator control module. The enable control is controlled by a discrete high side driver in the starter/generator control module. When the enable control circuit is high, the fan will be enabled. The fan speed is controlled by a fan control circuit from the starter/generator control module, by changing the duty cycle. The maximum fan speed is 3900 RPM. Hybrid/EV battery pack cooling fan enable circuit open and short to voltage diagnostics run continuously until hybrid/EV battery pack cooling fan is enabled to run while short to ground runs after it is enabled to run. These diagnostics detect and report a failure of the fan to enable circuits.
P0D65 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0D65 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P0D65 Information for specific makes
- P0D65 BUICK Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Enable Circuit Low Voltage
- P0D65 CADILLAC Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Enable Circuit Low Voltage
- P0D65 CHEVROLET Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Enable Circuit Low Voltage
- P0D65 GMC Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Enable Circuit Low Voltage
Need more help?Get the P0d65 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0D65 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0d65 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks