P0D39 - Battery Charger Input Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0D39 Possible Causes
- Faulty Battery Charger
- Battery Charger harness is open or shorted
- Battery Charger circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0D39?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0D39 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0D39 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0D39 DescriptionThe battery charger will diagnose its own systems and determine when a fault condition is present. Diagnostics and system status is communicated from the battery charger to the hybrid/EV powertrain control module 2 through serial data. The hybrid/EV powertrain control module 2 is the host controller for Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) information. This DTC is for the battery charger are internal measurements that verify the charger is performing properly. The battery charger measures internal voltages, currents, and temperatures and verifies they are within the proper range.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0D39 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0D39 BUICK Battery Charger Input Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P0D39 CADILLAC Battery Charger Input Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P0D39 CHEVROLET Battery Charger Input Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P0D39 GMC Battery Charger Input Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P0D39 SATURN Battery Charger Input Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
Need more help?Get the P0d39 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0d39 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks