P0A84 - Hybrid Battery Pack Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit Low
P0A84 Possible Causes
- Faulty Battery Cooling Blower Assembly
- Battery Cooling Blower Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Battery Cooling Blower Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faculty Integration relay
- Faculty Battery smart unit
- Faculty Power management control ECU
How do I fix code P0A84?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0A84 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0A84 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0A84 DescriptionThe cooling air flows into the inlet on the right of the rear seat and travels through an intake duct to the battery blower assembly on the right surface of the luggage compartment. Furthermore, the cooling air travels through an intake duct (which connects the battery blower assembly to the upper right surface of the HV battery assembly) and flows to the HV battery assembly.
The cooling air flows from the top to the bottom between the HV battery modules. After it has cooled the modules, it is discharged from the bottom right surface of the HV battery assembly.
The exhaust air travels through an exhaust duct on the right surface of luggage compartment and is discharged into the cabin as well as outside of the vehicle.
The battery ECU uses battery temperature sensors in order to detect the temperature of the HV battery assembly. Based on the results of this detection, the battery ECU controls the battery blower assembly. (Thus, the battery blower assembly starts when the HV battery temperature rises to a predetermined level.)
The speed of the battery cooling blower assembly is controlled by the power management control ECU. Battery cooling blower assembly power is supplied when the FCTL terminal of the power management control ECU turns on the battery blower relay. The power management control ECU sends command signals (SI) to the battery cooling blower assembly to get the fan speed corresponding to the HV battery temperature. Information about the voltage applied to the battery cooling blower assembly (VM) is sent to the power management control ECU as a monitor signal using serial communication via the
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0A84 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0A84 BUICK Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0A84 CADILLAC Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0A84 CHEVROLET Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0A84 GMC Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling Fan Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0A84 LEXUS Hybrid Battery Pack Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit Low
- P0A84 TOYOTA Hybrid Battery Pack Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit Low
Need more help?Get the P0a84 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0a84 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks