P0982 - Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit Low
P0982 Possible Causes
- Faulty Shift Solenoid Valve 'D'
- Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' harness is open or shorted
- Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0982Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0982 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0982 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0982 DescriptionWhen shift solenoid valves A, B, C, D, and E are turned ON, the hydraulic pressure circuit opens. The hydraulic pressure circuit supplies/discharges hydraulic pressure to/from each clutch according to the combination of the ON/OFF status of the shift solenoid valves. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) commands the driver circuit to turn on the shift solenoid valve. The circuit diagnoses malfunctions such as a circuit short or open, and sends back a return signal during the PCM's command. When the return signal does not match the PCM command to turn ON the shift solenoid valve, the PCM detects a malfunction and stores a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
P0982 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0982 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0982 ACURA Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' Short
- P0982 DODGE Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit Low
- P0982 HONDA Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' Short
- P0982 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit Low Valve S4
- P0982 SCION Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit Low Valve S4
- P0982 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit Low Valve S4
Need more help?Get the P0982 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0982 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks