P0971 HONDA - Problem in A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'C' Circuit High
- Faulty A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'C'
- A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'C' harness is open or shorted
- A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'C' circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0971 Honda DescriptionA/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve C is used for clutch pressure control. A spool in A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve C pushes the valve according to the duty cycle that is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) (The hydraulic pressure is proportional to the current). The PCM measures the current flowing through A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve C and uses feedback control to compensate for the difference between the actual current and the commanded one. If the measured current for the PCM output duty cycle is not within a specified range (circuit short or open), the PCM detects a malfunction and stores a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
Need more help?Get the P0971 Honda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0971 HONDA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0971 Honda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks