P0960 - Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit/Open
P0960 Possible Causes
- Faulty Pressure Control Solenoid 'A'
- Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' harness is open or shorted
- Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0960Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0960 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0960 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0960 DescriptionThe Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Valve an electronic pressure regulator that controls transmission line pressure based on current flow through its coil windings. As current flow is increased, the magnetic field produced by the coil moves the solenoid’s plunger further away from the exhaust port. Opening the exhaust port decreases the output fluid pressure regulated by the PC solenoid valve, which ultimately decreases line pressure. The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
P0960 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0960 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0960 BUICK Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit/Open
- P0960 CADILLAC Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit/Open
- P0960 CHEVROLET Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit/Open
- P0960 DODGE Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit/Open
- P0960 GMC Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit/Open
- P0960 SATURN Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit/Open
Need more help?Get the P0960 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0960 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks