P0830 - Clutch Pedal Switch 'A' Circuit
P0830 Possible Causes
- Faulty clutch pedal position switch
- Clutch pedal position switch harness is open or shorted
- Clutch pedal position switch circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0830?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0830 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0830 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0830 DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the clutch pedal position button of travel (CPP-BT) switch only during the calibrated engine speed range (cranking speed range). This DTC sets when the CPP-BT switch does not indicate that the clutch is disengaged (clutch pedal pressed) when the engine is cranked.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0830 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0830 CHRYSLER Clutch Pedal Switch 'A' Circuit
- P0830 DODGE Clutch Pedal Switch 'A' Circuit
- P0830 FORD Clutch Pedal Switch 'A' Circuit
- P0830 HYUNDAI Clutch Pedal Switch Malfunction
- P0830 JEEP Clutch Pedal Switch 'A' Circuit
- P0830 KIA Clutch Pedal Switch Malfunction
- P0830 LINCOLN Clutch Pedal Switch 'A' Circuit
- P0830 MERCEDES-BENZ Clutch Pedal Switch 'A' Circuit
- P0830 MERCURY Clutch Pedal Switch 'A' Circuit
Need more help?Get the P0830 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0830 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks