P0816 Possible Causes
- Faulty Downshift Switch
- Downshift Switch harness is open or shorted
- Downshift Switch circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0816Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0816 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0816 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0816 DescriptionThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Downshift Switch Circuit signal. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the Downshift Switch Circuit signal is not to factory specifications.
P0816 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0816 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0816 ACURA Short In Transmission Gear Selection Switch Upshift/Dowshift Switch Circuit
- P0816 CHRYSLER Downshift Switch Circuit
- P0816 DODGE Downshift Switch Circuit
- P0816 HONDA Short In Transmission Gear Selection Switch Upshift/Dowshift Switch Circuit
- P0816 JEEP Downshift Switch Circuit
- P0816 MERCEDES-BENZ Downshift Switch Circuit
- P0816 MITSUBISHI Downshift Switch Circuit
Need more help?Get the P0816 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0816 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks