P0768 - Shift Solenoid 'D' Electrical
P0768 Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'D' valve
- Shift solenoid 'D' valve harness or connectors
- Shift solenoid 'D' valve circuit is open or shorted
How do I fix code P0768?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the P0768 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0768 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The P0768 code is detected when the gear required by the ECM does not match the actual gear when vehicle is driven.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0768 DescriptionShift solenoid valve 'D' is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0768 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0768 ACURA Shift Solenoid 'D' Circuit Fault
- P0768 AUDI Shift Solenoid 'D' Electrical
- P0768 HONDA Shift Solenoid 'D' Circuit Fault
- P0768 KIA High & Low Reverse Clutch Solenoid Valve
- P0768 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'D' Electrical Malfunction
- P0768 MAZDA Shift Solenoid 'D' Malfunction
- P0768 MERCEDES-BENZ Shift Solenoid 'D' Electrical
- P0768 MITSUBISHI Shift Solenoid 'D' Malfunction
- P0768 SUBARU Shift Solenoid 'D' Electrical
- P0768 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'D' Electrical Malfunction
- P0768 VOLKSWAGEN Shift Solenoid 'D' Electrical
Need more help?Get the P0768 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0768 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks