P0766 Code - Shift Solenoid 'D' Performance or Stuck Off
|P0766 code possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'D' valve
- Shift solenoid 'D' valve harness or connectors
- Shift solenoid 'D' valve circuit is open or shorted
|How do I fix the P0766 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|P0766 code tech notesWhen the a transmission solenoid is stuck off, in most cases the problem is not the electrical part of the solenoid; the problem is foreign material obstructing the mechanical function of the solenoid or the flow of the fluid through the transmission valve body. If the transmission fluid is very dirty, it is recommend changing the transmission fluid and if possible removing the transmission pan for further diagnosis. Excessive debris or metal particles on the transmission pan could be an indication that there is a transmission mechanical failure and that the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0766 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0766 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0766 code detected?The P0766 code is detected when the ECM has detected a mechanical fault with the solenoid energized, valve stuck off
|What are P0766 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
|P0766 code descriptionShift solenoid valve 'D' is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.
|Need more information with the P0766 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0766 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0766 code information for specific makes
- P0766 ACURA Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' Stuck Off
- P0766 AUDI Shift Solenoid 'D' Performance or Stuck Off
- P0766 HONDA Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' Stuck Off
- P0766 KIA High & Low Reverse Clutch Solenoid Valve
- P0766 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'D' Performance
- P0766 MAZDA Shift Solenoid 'D' Stuck Off
- P0766 MERCEDES-BENZ Shift Solenoid 'D' Performance or Stuck Off
- P0766 SUBARU Shift Solenoid 'D' Performance or Stuck Off
- P0766 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'D' Performance
- P0766 VOLKSWAGEN Shift Solenoid 'D' Performance or Stuck Off
|Need help with a P0766 code?Get the P0766 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0766 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0766 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks