P0765 - Shift Solenoid 'D' Malfunction
P0765 Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'D' valve
- Shift solenoid 'D' valve harness or connectors
- Shift solenoid 'D' valve circuit is open or shorted
How do I fix code P0765?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the P0765 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0765 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The P0765 code is detected when the ECM detects an improper voltage drop when it tries to operate the solenoid valve.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0765 DescriptionShift solenoid valve 'D' is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0765 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0765 CHRYSLER Underdrive Solenoid Circuit Fault
- P0765 DODGE Underdrive Solenoid Circuit Fault
- P0765 FORD Shift Solenoid 4 Circuit
- P0765 HYUNDAI Overdrive Solenoid Valve System
- P0765 INFINITI Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' Malfunction
- P0765 JEEP Underdrive Solenoid Circuit Fault
- P0765 KIA Overdrive Solenoid Valve System
- P0765 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'D' Malfunction
- P0765 MAZDA Shift Solenoid 4 Malfunction
- P0765 MERCEDES-BENZ Shift Solenoid 'D' Malfunction
- P0765 MITSUBISHI Shift Solenoid 'D' Malfunction
- P0765 NISSAN Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' Malfunction
- P0765 RAM Underdrive Solenoid Circuit Fault
- P0765 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'D' Malfunction
Need more help?Get the P0765 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0765 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks