P0735 - Gear 5 Incorrect ratio
P0735 Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Shift solenoids
- Transmission mechanical problems
- Transmission hydraulic control circuit
How do I fix code P0735?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the P0735 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0735 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?P0735 is detected when A/T cannot be shifted to the 5th gear position even if electrical circuit is good.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Incorrect transmission shifting
P0735 DescriptionThis diagnosis monitors actual gear position by checking the torque converter slip ratio calculated by Transmission Control Module (TCM) as follows:
Torque converter slip ratio = A x C/B
A: Output shaft revolution signal from revolution sensor
B: Engine speed signal from Engine Control Module (ECM)
C: Gear ratio determined as gear position which TCM supposes
If the actual gear position is higher than the position (5th) supposed by TCM, the slip ratio will be more than normal. In case the ratio exceeds the specified value, TCM judges this diagnosis malfunction.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0735 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0735 ACURA Problem In 5th Clutch And 5th Clutch Hydraulic Circuit
- P0735 AUDI Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 BMW Gear 5 Incorrect ratio
- P0735 CHRYSLER Gear Ratio Error In Fifth Gear
- P0735 DODGE Gear Ratio Error In Fifth Gear
- P0735 FORD Incorrect Fifth Gear Ratio
- P0735 HONDA Problem In 5th Clutch And 5th Clutch Hydraulic Circuit
- P0735 HYUNDAI Fifth Gear Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 INFINITI 5th. Gear Malfunction
- P0735 JEEP Gear Ratio Error In Fifth Gear
- P0735 KIA Fifth Gear Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 LAND-ROVER Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 LEXUS Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 MAZDA Fifth Gear Error
- P0735 MERCEDES-BENZ Gear 5 Incorrect ratio
- P0735 MINI Gear 5 Incorrect ratio
- P0735 MITSUBISHI Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 NISSAN 5th. Gear Malfunction
- P0735 SATURN Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 SUBARU Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 SUZUKI Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 TOYOTA Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
- P0735 VOLKSWAGEN Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio
Need more help?Get the P0735 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0735 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks