P0617 2006 TOYOTA CAMRY - Starter Relay Circuit High
- Park/neutral position (PNP) Switch
- Park/neutral position (PNP) relay (starter relay) harness is open or shorted
- Park/neutral position (PNP) relay (starter relay) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
When is the code detected?The P0617 code is detected when the Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected a high signal from the starter relay.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine may not start
P0617 2006 Toyota Camry DescriptionWhile the engine is being cranked, the positive battery voltage is applied to terminal STA of the ECM. If the ECM detects the Starter Control (STA) signal while the vehicle is being driven, it determines that there is a malfunction in the STA circuit. The ECM then illuminates the MIL and sets the DTC.
Need more help?Get the P0617 2006 Toyota Camry code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0617 2006 TOYOTA CAMRY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0617 2006 Toyota Camry code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks