P0580 - Cruise Control Multifunction Switch Circuit Low Voltage
P0580 Possible Causes
- Faulty Cruise Control Switch
- Cruise Control Switch harness is open or shorted
- Cruise Control Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code P0580Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0580 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0580 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0580 DescriptionThe Cruise Control Switch is an input to the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM monitors the cruise control on/off, set/coast, resume/accelerate and cancel switches via the cruise control switch signal circuit in order to detect when the driver has requested to perform a cruise control function. The BCM detects a specific voltage signal on the cruise control switch signal circuit when a switch is applied. The Engine Control Module (ECM) receives the requested cruise control switch function from the BCM via a serial data message. The BCM monitors the cruise control switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the cruise control switch is not to factory specifications.
P0580 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0580 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0580 BUICK Cruise Control Multifunction Switch Circuit Low Voltage
- P0580 CADILLAC Cruise Control Multifunction Switch Circuit Low Voltage
- P0580 CHEVROLET Cruise Control Multifunction Switch Circuit Low Voltage
- P0580 CHRYSLER Speed Control Switch 1 Circuit Low
- P0580 DODGE Speed Control Switch 1 Circuit Low
- P0580 GMC Cruise Control Multifunction Switch Circuit Low Voltage
- P0580 JEEP Speed Control Switch 1 Circuit Low
- P0580 MAZDA Cruise Control Multifunction Input 'A' Circuit Low
- P0580 MERCEDES-BENZ Cruise Control Multifunction Input 'A' Circuit Low
Need more help?Get the P0580 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0580 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks