P0507 HONDA - Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected
P0507 HONDA Possible Causes
- Dirty throttle body
- Electric throttle control actuator misadjusted or damaged
- Faulty Electric throttle control actuator
- Intake air leak
- Poor electrical connection to the Intake Air Control (IAC) valve
How do I fix code P0507 HONDA?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
There is a factory service bulletin for the following Honda Models:
- 2008-2013 Honda Accord L4
- 2006-2013 Honda Accord V6
- 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In
- 2006-2013 Honda Civic
- 2006-2013 Honda Civic Hybrid
- 2005-2013 Honda CR-V
- 2007-2011 Honda Element
- 2005-2013 Honda Odyssey
- 2005-2013 Honda Pilot
- 2006-2013 Honda Ridgeline
Just cleaned or replaced the throttle body and now you've got one or more of these symptoms?
- Fluctuating idle
- MIL on with DTC P2279 (intake air system leak)
- MIL on with P0507 (idle control system RPM higher than expected)
What's probably happened is the throttle plate is now in a different position from the one the ECM/PCM had learned.
To fix this problem, the ECM/PCM has to relearn the current closed throttle position.
1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio unit, defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
2. Start the engine with the shift lever in P, parking brake on, and hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm until the radiator fan comes on.
3. Let the engine idle for 10 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
Cost of diagnosing the P0507 HONDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0507 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The idle speed is more than the target idle speed by 200 rpm or more.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine hard to start
- Rough or erratic idle speed
P0507 HONDA DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) controls the engine idle speed to a specified level through the fine adjustment of the air, which is let into the intake manifold, by operating the electric throttle control actuator. The operating of the throttle valve is varied to allow for optimum control of the engine idling speed. The ECM calculates the actual engine speed from signals of crankshaft position sensor (POS) and camshaft position sensor.
The ECM controls the electric throttle control actuator so that the engine speed coincides with the target value memorized in the ECM. The target engine speed is the lowest speed at which the engine can operate steadily. The optimum value stored in the ECM is determined by taking into consideration various engine conditions, such as during warming up, deceleration, and engine load (air conditioner, power steering and cooling fan operation, etc.)
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0507 HONDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the P0507 Honda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0507 Honda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks