P0501 MITSUBISHI - Vehicle Speed Sensor 'A' Range/Performance
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Vehicle speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
- Vehicle speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?The signal sent by the vehicle speed sensor to ECM is out of range.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer may not work properly
- Transmission shifting problem
P0501 Mitsubishi DescriptionThe vehicle speed sensor outputs a 4 pulse signal for every revolution of the rotor shaft, which is rotated by the transmission output shaft via the driven gear. After this signal is converted into a more precise rectangular waveform by the waveform shaping circuit inside the combination meter, it is then transmitted to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM determines the vehicle speed based on the frequency of these pulse signals.
Need more help?Get the P0501 Mitsubishi code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0501 MITSUBISHI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0501 Mitsubishi code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks