- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Vehicle speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
- Combination meter
- Vehicle speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Tech notesReplaced the speed sensor on top transmission.
When is the code detected?The almost 0 km/h (0 MPH) signal from vehicle speed sensor is sent to ECM even when vehicle is being driven.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer may not work properly
- Transmission shifting problem
P0500 Scion DescriptionVehicles, which are equipped with ABS (Anti-lock Brake System), detect the vehicle speed using the skid control ECU and wheel speed sensor. The wheel speed sensor monitors the wheel rotation speed and sends a signal to the skid control ECU. The skid control ECU converts the wheel speed signal into a 4- pulse signal and transmits it to the ECM via the combination meter. The ECM determines the vehicle speed based on the frequency of the pulse signal.
P0500 Scion Information for specific Scion models
Need more help?Get the P0500 Scion code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0500 SCION CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0500 Scion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks