P0498 - Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Control Circuit Low
P0498 Possible Causes
- Faulty Canister Close Valve (CCV)
- Canister Close Valve harness is open or shorted
- Canister Close Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P0498?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0498 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0498 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected pressure in the EVAP system during a non-purge condition.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0498 DescriptionThe Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) system prevents Hydrocarbon (HC) vapors from the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere where they could form photochemical smog. Gasoline vapors are collected in the charcoal canister. The Canister Close Valve (CCV) closes off the air inlet into the canister for leak detection of the evaporative emission system. The CCV also prevents fuel vapors from escaping from the canister. When the engine purges the HC vapors from the canister, the clean air comes into the canister through the canister air-filter and the CCV.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0498 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0498 CHRYSLER NVLD Vent Valve Solenoid Circuit Low
- P0498 DODGE NVLD Vent Valve Solenoid Circuit Low
- P0498 HONDA Evaporative Emission System Canister Vent Shut Valve Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0498 HYUNDAI Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Control Circuit Low
- P0498 JEEP NVLD Vent Valve Solenoid Circuit Low
- P0498 KIA Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Control Circuit Low
Need more help?Get the P0498 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0498 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks