P0480 LINCOLN - Fan 1 Control Circuit Malfunction
P0480 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Faulty fan control relay
- Fan control relay harness is open or shorted
- Fan control relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty cooling fan 1
- Fan cooling fan harness is open or shorted
- Fan cooling fan circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P0480 LINCOLN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P0480 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0480 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0480 LINCOLN code detected?The P0480 code is detected when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the commanded state of the driver and the actual state of the control circuit do not match.
P0480 LINCOLN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine overheating
P0480 Lincoln DescriptionThe electric cooling fan is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) through the cooling fan relay based on inputs from the following components:
- The engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
- The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor
- The A/C selector switch
- The A/C refrigerant pressure sensor
- The vehicle speed sensor (VSS)
The PCM controls the cooling fan by grounding the cooling fan control circuit which turns ON the cooling fan relay. The cooling fan relay will be commanded ON when the following conditions are met:
- The engine coolant temperature reaches 106°C (223°F) or more.
- The A/C clutch requested.
- The vehicle speed is less than 38 MPH.
The cooling fan relay will be commanded ON regardless of vehicle speed when the following conditions are met:
- The engine coolant temperature is 151°C (304°F) or more.
- The A/C refrigerant pressure is high.
The cooling fan may be commanded ON when the engine is not running under a fan run-on conditions described in the electric cooling fan general description portion of the service manual.
P0480 LINCOLN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0480 LINCOLN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the P0480 Lincoln code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0480 LINCOLN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0480 Lincoln code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks