P0459 SUBARU - EVAP System Purge Control Valve Circuit High
- Faulty Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control
- Fualty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control harness is open or shorted
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesOn some Subaru model replacing the PCV valve takes care of the P0459. If the problem persists the Engine Control Module (ECM) may need to be replace.
When is the code detected?The Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected a high voltage on the canister purge solenoid with the driver commanded on
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0459 Subaru DescriptionThe Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) canister purge volume control solenoid valve uses a ON/OFF duty to control the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister. The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve is moved by ON/OFF pulses from the Engine Control Module (ECM). The longer the ON pulse, the greater the amount of fuel vapor that will flow through the valve.
Need more help?Get the P0459 Subaru code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0459 SUBARU CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0459 Subaru code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks