P0456 2008 FORD FUSION - EVAP System Leak Detected Gross Leak/No Flow
- Missing or loose fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister or fuel tank leaks
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system hose leaking
- Fuel tank leaking
When is the code detected?Evaporative Emission (EVAP) control system has a very large leak such as fuel filler cap fell off, EVAP control system does not operate properly.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0456 2008 Ford Fusion DescriptionThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the complete evaporative emission (EVAP) control system for the presence of a very small fuel vapor leak. The system failure occurs when a fuel vapor leak from an opening as small as 0.508 mm (0.020 inch) is detected by the EVAP running loss monitor test.
Need more help?Get the P0456 2008 Ford Fusion code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0456 2008 FORD FUSION CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0456 2008 Ford Fusion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks