P0455 CHRYSLER - EVAP System Large Leak
- Missing or loose fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks
- EVAP system hose leaking
- Fuel tank leaking
The P0442 code means that the control module has detected a small leak in the Evaporative Emission (EVAP). Loose fuel tank filler cap is the most common cause that triggers the P0442 code.
Dodge EVAP Diagnosis & Repair Diagnosis Troubles Codes P0442 and P0455
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0455 CHRYSLER Description
During the self-diagnostics, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) first checks the Leak Detection Pump (LDP) for electrical and mechanical faults. If the first checks pass, the PCM then uses the LDP to seal the vent valve and pump air into the system to pressurize it. If a leak is present, the PCM will continue pumping the LDP to replace the air that leaks out. The PCM determines the size of the leak based on how fast/long it must pump the LDP as it tries to maintain pressure in the system.
Need more help?
P0455 CHRYSLER CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0455 Chrysler code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks