P0453 SCION - EVAP System Pressure Sensor/Switch High Input
- Faulty Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Vapor Pressure Sensor
- Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Vapor Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Vapor pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- EVAP system hose (pipe from air inlet port to canister pump module, canister filter, fuel tank vent hose)
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0453 Scion DescriptionThe Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) control system pressure sensor detects pressure in the purge line. The sensor output voltage to the Engine Control Module (ECM) increases as pressure increases. The EVAP control system pressure sensor is not used to control the engine system. It is used only for on board diagnosis.
P0453 Scion Information for specific Scion models
Need more help?Get the P0453 Scion code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0453 SCION CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0453 Scion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks