P0446 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY - EVAP System Vent Control Circuit
- Missing Fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Faulty Vapor Pressure Sensor
- Vapor Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Vapor Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesThere are factory service bulletin for the 1999 Toyota Camry:
Toyota Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0446
Toyota P0441, P0446 EVAP Diagnostics and Vacuum Switching Valve Testing Video
User submitted video
When is the code detected?The P0446 codes triggered when an improper voltage signal is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) through EVAP canister vent control valve.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0446 1999 Toyota Camry DescriptionThe Evaporative System (EVAP) canister vent control valve is located on the EVAP canister and is used to seal the canister vent.
This solenoid valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to seal the canister vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative emission control system components.
This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually remains opened.
Need more help?Get the P0446 1999 Toyota Camry code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0446 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0446 1999 Toyota Camry code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks