P0404 GMC - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Open Position Performance
- EGR volume control valve stuck open or closed
- Faulty EGR volume control solenoid valve
- EGR volume control solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR volume control solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- EGR temperature sensor and circuit
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine hesitation
P0404 GMC Description
The EGR valve is designed to accurately supply exhaust gases to the engine without the use of intake manifold vacuum. The EGR valve controls the exhaust flow into the intake manifold from the exhaust manifold through an orifice with a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controlled pintle. The PCM controls the pintle position using inputs from the Throttle Position (TP) sensor, the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor and, the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor. The PCM commands the EGR valve in order to supply the correct amount of exhaust gas recirculation for the current engine operating conditions.
Need more help?
P0404 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0404 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks