P0401 MITSUBISHI - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected
- EGR passage clogged
- Faulty EGR Vacuum Modulator Valve
- Faulty EGR Valve
- Faulty EGR solenoid valve
- EGR solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Dead (Weak) battery
- Faulty EGR temperature sensor and circuit
- Exhaust gas leaks
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine hesitation
P0401 MITSUBISHI Description
The EGR system on recently built vehicles uses a step motor to control the flow rate of EGR from exhaust manifold. This motor has four winding phases. It operates according to the output pulse signal of the ECΜ. Two windings are turned ON and OFF in sequence. Each time an ON pulse is issued, the valve opens or closes, changing the flow rate. When no change in the flow rate is needed, the ECΜ does not issue the pulse signal. Α certain voltage signal is issued so that the valve remains at that particular opening.
Need more help?
P0401 MITSUBISHI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0401 Mitsubishi code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks