P0400 MAZDA - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) volume control valve stuck closed
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) volume control solenoid valve
- Faulty EGR Valve
- Faulty EGR temperature sensor and circuit
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Dead (Weak) battery
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine hesitation
P0400 MAZDA Description
The EGR system on recently built vehicles uses a step motor to control the flow rate of EGR from exhaust manifold. This motor has four winding phases. It operates according to the output pulse signal of the ECΜ. Two windings are turned ON and OFF in sequence. Each time an ON pulse is issued, the valve opens or closes, changing the flow rate. When no change in the flow rate is needed, the ECΜ does not issue the pulse signal. Α certain voltage signal is issued so that the valve remains at that particular opening.
Need more help?
P0400 MAZDA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0400 Mazda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks