P0400 2001 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Function- No/Low Flow Detected
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) volume control valve stuck closed
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) volume control solenoid valve
- Faulty EGR Valve
- Faulty EGR temperature sensor and circuit
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Dead (Weak) battery
The P0400 code is very common with the Nissan Altima. The most likely caused of this problem is a clogged EGR valve or EGR flow passages. Before replacing any parts try cleaning the EGR valve, tube and passages with throttle body or carburetor cleaner. Also check for damage or loose vacuum hoses to the EGR valve.
When is the code detected?
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) flow control is not responding
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine hesitation
P0400 2001 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN Description
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0400 2001 Nissan Altima Sedan code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code
P0400 2001 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0400 2001 Nissan Altima Sedan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks