P0393 Code - Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit High Bank 2
|P0393 code possible causes
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty starter motor
- Starting system circuit
- Dead (Weak) battery
|How do I fix the P0393 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|P0393 code tech notesSometimes and in some models, low battery voltage or a weak starter can trigger a Camshaft Position Sensor code.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0393 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0393 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0393 code detected?The camshaft position sensor signal sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM) is too high
|What are P0393 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- Engine Stall
|P0393 code descriptionThe Camshaft Position Sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the camshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Engine Control Module (ECM) to control ignition and fuel injection. The camshaft position sensor senses the retraction of camshaft (intake) to identify a particular cylinder. The camshaft position sensor senses the piston position. The sensor system consists of a rotating part, typically a disc, as well as a static part, the actual sensor.
When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.
When the crankshaft position sensor (POS) system becomes inoperative, the camshaft position sensor provides various controls of engine parts instead, utilizing timing of cylinder identification signals.
|Need more information with the P0393 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0393 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0393 code information for specific makes
- P0393 AUDI Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit High Bank 2
- P0393 BMW Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit High Bank 2
- P0393 LEXUS Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit High Bank 2
- P0393 MINI Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit High Bank 2
- P0393 SCION Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit High Bank 2
- P0393 TOYOTA Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit High Bank 2
- P0393 VOLKSWAGEN Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit High Bank 2
|Need help with a P0393 code?Get the P0393 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0393 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0393 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks