P0380 Code - Glow Plug/Heater Circuit 'A' Malfunction
|P0380 code possible causes
- Faulty Glow Plug
- Glow Plug harness is open or shorted
- Glow Plug circuit poor electrical connection
|How do I fix the P0380 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0380 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0380 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0380 code detected?- The glow plugs are commanded OFF and the glow plug feedback is more than 2 volts. or
- The glow plugs are commanded on and the glow plug feedback is not between 5 volts and 6.2 volts.
|What are P0380 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- The engine may be harder to start
|P0380 code descriptionThe glow plug system is used to assist in providing the heat required to begin combustion during cold engine temperatures. The glow plugs are heated before and during cranking, as well as initial engine operation. The engine control module (ECM) controls the glow plug ON times by monitoring coolant temperature and glow plug voltage. The California Glow Plug system has eight individual glow plug supply circuits between the controller and the glow plugs. If the feedback voltage from the controller to the ECM is not within range, DTC P0380 will set.
|Need more information with the P0380 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0380 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0380 code information for specific makes
- P0380 AUDI Glow Plug/Heater Circuit 'A' Malfunction
- P0380 CHEVROLET Glow Plug/Heater Circuit 'A' Malfunction ▶
- P0380 DODGE Glow Plug/Heater Circuit 'A' Malfunction
- P0380 GMC Glow Plug/Heater Circuit 'A' Malfunction ▶
- P0380 MERCEDES-BENZ Glow Plug/Heater Circuit 'A' Malfunction
- P0380 SAAB Glow Plug/Heater Circuit 'A' Malfunction
- P0380 VOLKSWAGEN Glow Plug/Heater Circuit 'A' Malfunction
|Need help with a P0380 code?Get the P0380 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0380 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0380 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks