P0251 Code - Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' Malfunction
|P0251 code possible causes
- Faulty Electronic Fuel Control Actuator
- Electronic Fuel Control Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Electronic Fuel Control Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
|How do I fix the P0251 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0251 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0251 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P0251 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|P0251 code descriptionThe Fuel Control Actuator (FCA) is an electronically controlled solenoid valve. The Engine Control Module (ECM) controls the amount of fuel that enters the high-pressure pumping chambers by opening and closing the FCA based on a demanded fuel pressure. When the FCA is opened, the maximum amount of fuel is being supplied to the fuel injection pump. Any fuel that does not enter the injection pump is directed to the cascade overflow valve. The cascade overflow valve regulates how much excess fuel is used for the lubrication of the pump and how much is returned to the fuel tank through the drain manifold. An audible click from the FCA is normal when operating the key from the ON to the OFF position.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when the ECM detects a discrepancy between the PWM supplied to the Electronic Fuel Control Actuator and the PWM returned from the Electronic Fuel Control Actuator.
|Need more information with the P0251 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0251 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0251 code information for specific makes
- P0251 AUDI Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' Malfunction
- P0251 CHRYSLER Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' Malfunction
- P0251 DODGE Common Rail High Pressure Pump Regulator Control
- P0251 JEEP Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' Malfunction
- P0251 MERCEDES-BENZ Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' Malfunction
- P0251 VOLKSWAGEN Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' Malfunction
|Need help with a P0251 code?Get the P0251 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0251 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0251 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks