P0227 Code - Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch 'C' Circuit Low Input
|P0227 code possible causes
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) circuit poor electrical connection
|How do I fix the P0227 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0227 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0227 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0227 code detected?An excessively low voltage from the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
|What are P0227 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle response
|P0227 code descriptionElectric Throttle Control Actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position sensor (TPS), etc. The throttle position sensor responds to the throttle valve movement.
The throttle position sensor has the two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the throttle valve position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM) In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the throttle valve and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve from these signals and the ECM controls the throttle control motor to make the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to driving condition.
|Need more information with the P0227 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0227 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0227 code information for specific makes
- P0227 FORD Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch 'C' Circuit Low Input
- P0227 INFINITI Throttle Position Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input
- P0227 MERCEDES-BENZ Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch 'C' Circuit Low Input
- P0227 NISSAN Throttle Position Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input Bank 2
- P0227 VOLKSWAGEN Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'C' Circuit Low
|Need help with a P0227 code?Get the P0227 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0227 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0227 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks