P0216 - Injection Timing Control Circuit Malfunction
P0216 Possible Causes
- Fuel Injection Pump Gear Alignment
- Fuel Filter Restriction
- Transfer Pump Inlet Restriction
- Faulty Fuel Injection Pump
First diagnose P0216 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0216 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0216 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0216 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0216 DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Fuel Injection Pump operation with the ignition ON. The P0216 code is set when the PCM detects the engine speed is more than 300 RPM and fuel command and timing control are within predetermined parameters.
P0216 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0216 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P0216 Information for specific makes
- P0216 AUDI Injector Timing Control Circuit
- P0216 CHEVROLET Injection Timing Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0216 FORD Injection Timing Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0216 GMC Injection Timing Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0216 MERCEDES-BENZ Injection Timing Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0216 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Timing Control Circuit
Need more help?Get the P0216 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0216 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0216 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks