P0154 ACURA - A/F Sensor 21 Heater System Malfunction
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
Tech notesReplacing the Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 usually takes care of the problem.
When is the code detected?The voltage from the sensor is constantly approx. 0.3V.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0154 Acura DescriptionThe front heated oxygen sensor (or O2 sensor 1) is placed into the exhaust manifold. It detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air. The heated oxygen sensor 1 has a closed-end tube made of ceramic zirconia. The zirconia generates voltage from approximately 1V in richer conditions to 0V in leaner conditions. The heated oxygen sensor 1 signal is sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM adjusts the injection pulse duration to achieve the ideal air-fuel ratio. The ideal air-fuel ratio occurs near the radical change from 1V to 0V.
Need more help?Get the P0154 Acura code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0154 ACURA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0154 Acura code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks