P0128 BUICK - Engine Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature
- Leaking or stuck open thermostat
- Low engine coolant level
- Insufficient warm up time
- Faulty engine coolant temperature sensor
- Engine coolant temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0128 BUICK Description
The air flow coming into the engine is accumulated and used to determine if the vehicle has been driven within the conditions that would allow the engine coolant to heat up normally to the thermostat regulating temperature. If the coolant temperature does not increase normally or does not reach the regulating temperature of the thermostat, the diagnostic that use ECT as enabling criteria may not run when expected.
Need more help?
P0128 BUICK CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0128 Buick code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks